Thursday, December 13, 2012

Drowning the Susceptible Heart

Greetings Relatives

Its approaching mid winter     Everyday is a little bit harder than the day before    its like climbing a mountain that imperceptibly gets steeper and steeper by the day.  

Thank you for all the gifts of encouragment and prayer and money  and herbs and electronic work from Eleanor and Evie  hank you   without it I think Id be in a much tougher spot  so thank you  very very much

my arms are really painful if I do repeptitive things  so typing comes at a cost  LOL

I got my bed made  its so nice to have clean sheets   today I was able to scoop the kitty box with just one hand  that is a big I'mprovemtn! He is not super fond of the snow  he keeps an eye on me during the day and at night   who would think a kitty would be a fusser

everyday I think of GMa Margaret and Pauline and the folks a Lame Deer  everyday I ask the spirits to watch over them and I do my best to let Pauline Know that I am there and that you are also Relatives  watching in the night sky to see that the children are safe  

this week my dog Wickett seems to know just when I am too tired or too unsure if It is worth getting up  and she cries and cries and chirp barks at me until something changes in my head  something in my brain pops open and I get tup just like that and go and see her   she wants to give me love and to make sure that I know she is there always paying attention tohow I feel even from the kennel outside she can tell

I know that I am not the only one who struggles to get up   I know that this will not be last time I will come face to face with the small heavy choice that tries to pin me down and yet is so quickly and so easily overthrown with that little burst of love showing up insistently refusing to be ignored. this is the darkness that Pauline talked about comes at night to Lame Deer and takes away the future of the children in the form of gambling and drinking and alcohol and hopelessness  this is what she asked that we stand against with her. I only hope that if it is at my house then that means it has left hers.  That would be something wouldnt it relatives.  that would be worth falling down the stairs for.

everyday we must somehow roll back the darkness from which all light comes,  we can help make sure like Wickett does for me, that each heart remember not its own sorrow or pain  or its own fear  but to be able to hear and feel and see each others value and worth in the faces and hands and voices that are around them.  are you surrounded with love relatives  ?  can you feel it  do you show it and give it every day?

people want to know sometimes why indians are susceptible to alcohol or depression or why did I fall down the stairs? or why is life hard

I dont know

but what I do know is that we I  they  are just as susceptible to love   to care    to laughter and a helpign hand that carries the trash out tot he street or lifts the groceries in the house

we are they are I am just as susceptible to a kind word or someone who helps us go for a walk and comes and scoops the dog poop  or helps with folding clothes  or brushing each others hair

we are susceptible to love relatives  

we are just as willing to drown in joy as we are in pain

it just seems funny that alcohol is more available than love relatives  

how many get togethers during this holiday season will be come over and exchange love and service parties?  will you give your friends a glass of wine? or a coupon for a walk and tea?  will you give them memories of thepast only ? or the commitment to come and help dust or clean up the yard?  what kind of gift will you give relatives?

what will you feed the susceptible heart?

 I got some homeopathic medications in the mail  and some herbs  and it took me two days to get the little tiny lids open and then to twist the little caps and carefully make the pills come out correctly so I did nt ruin them and could take them properly

I cried from the frustration  from the laughter of it  those tiny little caps and twisting dispensers   the pain medications from the hospital had child proof lids  LOL  well they turned out to be broken arm and wrist proof for a while

but what did I do ?  I held those little vials and cried and accepted the love  the thoughtfulness that put together that care  I accepted the intent and it kept me going till I could finally get them off and take the pills  

if helping me got you to give something of your self  continue it and give some more to those around you  it is unfortunate that the house in the winter needs money to be finished so the heat is practical, but there is so much mor eot give and so many that it can be given to.  can you do that  can you give one thing or two  a kind word  open a door  go to the laundry mat and fold clothes for others    have a hair brushing party     do something everyday and write me about it so I know that we got up together today and made this a little more accessible

lets drown each other in love today relatives

lets make sure that we touch each susceptible spot in ourselves and in each other with care  and outloud thoughtfulness  and help someone  anyone in your house  in your neighborhood  at your groceriy store  with something

give away some love today relatives   give enough tha t it reaches me in pipestone and smothers those wonderful family memebers of ours in Lame Deer

my fingers have typed out all these keystrokes for you today    no matter that it hurts  no matter that it willtake me a cuple of hours to recover  it is the best I can do to give back to you  to tell you that I love you and that giving care  to your susceptibleness is the most important part of my day

Toksa
mary

No comments: