Monday, July 15, 2013

Qigong Daymares

Good morning Relatives

what a great weekend we have had and the week is so beautifully beginning  
a very cool thing happened  well more than one cool thing   I want to share with you some coolness

I helped out at the depot next door over the weekend   they had to be out of town so I took my book and went over to keep the shop open for sat and sunday hours    on saturday  the coolest family came in

it was two women and a young man   so three generations  a mother her daughter and her grandson  and they were amazing   so I am passing on their amazingness to you      they were from quebec  they were Anishinaabe and they spoke their native language and a bit of french as well    it was cool  to listen to the beauty of their words    they looked around the shop and purchased a few things like sweetgrass and kinnikinick  and some beads  

it was wonderful to see the generations of peacefulness and depth of kindness between them    after purchasing the beads the grandmother turned and right there gave them to her daughter  handed them to her and looked in her eyes and loved her   it was beautiful  
they were on their way to sundance   I cannot think of a better group of generations of love and giveaway to have dancing at the beginning of the worlds year

the next day a whole group of family people came in randomly and accumulated  they were here in Pipestone for a family reunion   they were so interesting and diverse    the boys ages 6-late 20's were interested in the dreamcatchers that were for sale and hang up over the shop on a wire   we worked together to take down about 4 or 5 of them in all as they picked them out   it was very cool that they wanted dreamcatchers for their bedrooms

one boy the 6ish one did not want a dreamcatcher he wanted a slingshot   LOL  who at age six did not want a slingshot!   and his mom did not push him or argue or try to change him   he told me that he did not dream  he had no dreams ever  and I laughed with him and said that is good to sleep so soundly
then he said well I had a dream today in the day   his mom urged him to tell it to me and I asked him if he wanted to and he said yes

so he said he fell asleep in church which made me laugh even harder and i told him I used to as well and he said he had a dream  in it he was walking around the hotel where they were staying   (which is the Calumet, the one where the Thai women are trying to make a go of it and where I teach qigong) and he said he came to the door of the fitness room   ( where we have our qigong class)  and he said that as he got to the door it opened and a big brown horse came out   it was there to visit with him and he got on it and when he kicked it to get going with the ride  he kicked out in church whoever was next to him and he woke up!

I laughed and said to him do you want to know what I see in your dream?  and he said yes

so I told him that I was Arapaho and we are the horse nation  we are horse people and wherever I go those horses go with me   then i told him that in the hotel in the room  the fitness room is where I teach qigong   and that qigong is about care  it is about self awareness about balance and energy that flows between all of us     to me I said that energy is being connected to you through the qigong and the horse of my ancestors  in your dream we are connected through time and space

how cool is that!

what a gift   what a gift this child  brings to us   to make the vibrations and the Spirits of our activities and our intention move through time and space

I wanted to share with you relatives so that you will see and understand that our practice  our qigong our daily activity and intention that we release with our hands and minds and words and breath  it creates motion and the spirits hold it and carry it  

and when we are sleeping   when we think the world is not active  (even in the daytime) the children are open to that energy   they are walking around the hallways of opportunity in our world   the world that you and I create on a daily basis and they will meet what ever is the spirit that we have made and left in our wake   in the wake of our opportunity and effort


someday I hope that all the horses of all the motion that come from my heart come to play with you relatives and your children and that like the Anishinaabe women and the son we can grow generations of beauty

is that not the purpose of the garden  

love love love
mb

No comments: