Thursday, January 17, 2013

Be the Present the Present Presence Presents

Good Evening Relatives

How are things going?  we are a few weeks into the winter month of the new year. its a time where the winter light is changing.

it was a tough day this day  for me  so i worried about what was going on with all of you.  I could clearly feel the energies in the ether that others were looking to drain the goodness or the sweetness out of those who are vulnerable  I remember when I was that vulnerable one   when I gave and gave all that I had  all that was asked of me with no thought that there was a different way of giving one that was concurrent with receiving.  giving is yes of course the way to live  but not without thought or purpose  not just to gain favor or win accolades or to serve the endless cup of an others helplessness which is in fact feeding our own ego  today they were out there wanting the energy of my day    the gates that were offered were the gates of pain  loneliness and depression

the gate of pain came in the form of again the constant pain from the injuries sustained from my fall,  I've been going to pt and it means that the next day I am even more sore than the day before  today when i made my morning prayers I asked that my shoulder be helped  so on my walk to the post office, I fell by accident just tripped and of course reached out with my left hand which jammed my shoulder and wrist again,  I thought I was going to pass out from the pain  but a few minutes later I was realizing that the fall had abruptly pushed my shoulder past a scar tissue restriction I had been unable to release so I have spent the remainder of the day working my shoulder  taking it through range of motion exercises to use the release painful as that moment was to gain as much ground as I could forward  forward to a workable limb    I don't want to have to make all my advances in a painful way  but I wont throw away the opportunity just because it hurt   once it happened the hurt was already done  no sense in trying to wish that away or cry because it happened  the only present was to stay present

loneliness tried to offer me a bitter appetizer today for the long months and weeks of being by myself no visitors or phone calls. It tried to pour me a drink of judgement towards those who do not call or write notes  as if making up a story in my head towards them would change what I was missing here at the house? I don't think so  casting dispersions on those who I miss doesn't make me miss you less or make you come and visit faster it just makes what I do have a sickening draught of illusion  a story that would serve no purpose but to feed those who feed on negativity

depression tried to take my energy  and make me feel that taking time to rest and to go slow was in fact failure  on my part to create or excel  how interesting it was today  that somewhere someone is wanting me or you or anyone to succumb to so much negativity   to sicken and die somehow inside and feed the day this sickness

I held on to it enough to keep it held but not to take hold of it in me   perhaps to trick it into starving in the snow and cold here  so that it doesn't travel up north and west to the kids at Lame Deer

I think that praying for them  is working  I believe that asking that they be protected from the negativity is an active prayer  and that in a way it makes us the target   like the middle child distracting the angry parent from the younger ones so that they don't get harmed

taking the hit    that's what today felt like relatives like you and I were taking the hit for the kids at Lame Deer

I wish you could have felt the intensity of the negativity that was trying so hard to consume them there in the night    it was so greedy and so malicious   and they are kids  just kids

so relatives  when despair or anger or fear or loneliness or pain or depression comes  hold out your hand to the earth and ground that illusion that is trying to get you to feed it  

hold out your hand to the earth or a tree touch and hold and breath it into that great heart that holds all of us    don't grasp the negative  don't make up a story in yourself that makes you the victim and me or someone else the perpetrator   don't do  it      seeke the heart of what you miss

I miss you visiting  calling  writing
I miss being pain free and having arms and hands that work
I miss the green grass

be honest about the seed of the choice

then choose to heal  
choose to simply hold and let go the negative into the great wood and earth that can bear it

let it flow  and do not repeat or magnify or create more of it

for as long as it takes

love and light
shadow and song
laughter and water

mary


No comments: