Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Comfort and Joy

Good Morning Relatives

it's a weird thing isn't it  needing to actually discover and learn and then practice new skills if we are going to actually have, allow, and enjoy a world that is different than the one we have walked away from

but there is no other choice is there?   I suppose that there is the choice of not doing it    but then what would become of all that newborn creativity if we use it to simply recreate what killed us in the first place?

I had a crazy horrible dream about the bank failing   and by that I mean THE BANK  you know what we all believe in  well  in my dream it failed   kaput bankrupt  insolvent

so for me that meant panic    not sure about what it would do to you  but to me  panic  then mad really mad sort of in a horrible told you so way     awful feeling  horrible

and then completely unnerved     I was caught in a night mare   caught in the past by looking back, my feet no longer flowing in my present which was caught by my eyes and senses and the essence of me that I let turn back.   I felt like Lot's wife slowly turning to salt by looking back and admiring the horror of what was foretold actually blossoming and coming true right before my eyes and the backs of those who were fleeing and NOT looking back   I didn't want to be salt  to be consumed by tears  which is how I felt  that I was dissolving into tears  it was comforting in a horrid crazy death calling way comforting but not who I wanted to be or where I wanted to be

what happens when we leave the present for the past ?   what happens when we use the past to define our present?   a past that we have put to death, that we have sent on its way to it's inevitable demise.  we who are used to being steady in now that we believed in to be true and viable.  what happens what happens when we try to be in the present when all we can FEEL is the pain of the past ?  how do we unfreeze ourselves ?

so  what do we use to save kung fu from what defeats kung fu?  

we use kung fu

I know that is a little bit mysterious and kungfuy  but its way more concise than what is to follow

being caught in the fear and pain and rawness and tears of the past/present I got out of bed

I wanted to be held to be comforted but something in me finally realized that one of the reason I have not been in the position of actually having comfort; hugs, thoughtful hands, chests to hug that are solid and warm and gentle, laughter that gently put you/me back on your/my feet, then teases that help you/me regain your/my steadiness  and then trust and love that allows you/me to go on and forward and leave behind what ever it was that was back there

the reason I had not been allowed or to have that was that I did not yet have the skills to make it something that was not the past  that was not diseased or insolvent.  Life knows that I am not interested in what destroys  and I am aware that the subtle start of a downhill path often looks so exactly like the stairs that lead up to heaven,  I should have known that opportunity when proffered me was opportunity to change the world, my world, because changing my world, my path, my skill, my actions and application of theory will change my world  and changing my world, changing me  will most directly and solidly change all of you    THAT is kung fu   that is NOW a NEW NOW
and up until then when I reached for comfort I didn't really know how to have it in a non dependent creepy biohazard biofeedback horrible way.   but what do we know when we look in a mirror  we know that the opposite of where we find ourselves exists   and because we know that it exists  i.e. the opposite of a lie is truth,  the opposite of not now is now  the opposite of me who is not educated, skilled, confident and joyful, is me that is   the me who can receive comfort and give it without myself or the other person being trapped in it or covered in sticky nasty crap meant I had to be different  I had to discover and become new skills, but I also had to be engaged with a person or persons who are different as well

no wonder its been a bit bollocksed till now   I wasn't at the root of the weed yet  hmm one more root rooted out

 that revelation did not scare me rather it helped me to see finally the light of the door that I didn't know I needed to open

so now

the whole thing is about learning to have NOW  to be now
its back to the exercise of inner peace   in kung fu panda 2   letting the past go even if I have just woken up from it s night mare

but not in a oh you didn't happen way    Nope that's not it  living on the river DeNile is not a good idea either

present in the present with the past as the past but not denied  learn new skills  

the only thing that would bring me back to NOW was NOW

the only way to have a now that is not the past is to leave the past out of it

the only thing that can save kung fu from what defeats kung fu is kung fu

so getting dressed,  letting the dogs out, the cat in, scooping the poop, making coffee, slicing bread for french toast, feeding the dogs, eye meds for stinky, pouring coffee,  make the fire   all at the same time breathing and feeling my Dantian rather than cutting off my gut and walling off what I came out of  (and trust me it was the scariest tunnel of love that Ive ever been in) whew

and now NOW I am I find I am ok   wow   interesting   cool
and exhausting   all this doing is so traumatizing  I suppose it is better than starting over isn't it?

I can do this  I can discover you in the moment without knowing all about your past  and you can discover me in the moment without knowing all about my past  

we may not have a big moment  or know at first go how to have all that it is  but I have an idea that will grow and change   as our skill develops   but first we have to decide to have that skill

first we have to believe

thanx for that

love
mary




No comments: