Sunday, November 10, 2013

Santa Clause's Garlic

Well Good Morning Relatives

I feel better today    I've been fighting some sort of flu thingy achy tired hot prickly head exhausted thingy  and last night sometime in the night I had a big fever and it left my body   clearer lighter and a bit tired but not sick any longer

kind of like struggling with self don't you think?   one time I heard someone say I've been sick and I am well now  so I'm calling in well today and won't be back to work

eventually we have to decide what our work is and if we are going to do it and if we are going to stop nattering on about what it creates around and in us  LOL  do you trust your work relatives?  is your work what you make? or what makes you?  no matter the work that question is applicable and it turns not on the type of work but on the hands and heart and mind that engage it   my father taught me that when a perspective changes everything changes   ( not the body or the work or the environment or the ???)  the perspective  changes everything   and in the book Light on the Path it talks about our work and our perspective

there is always doubt in one form or another  there is always a little fear and in those times it is easy to give myself over to the flow of the river  but if I am standing in the wrong river  ( and what I mean by river is the flow of my mind and my perception)  and if I am letting go so that my mind is blank and my life non responsible  (as if this would save a drowning rat lol  having its eyes closed) if I am holding my breath  the breath of my souls engagement  then I am not living  I am stagnant I am cumbersome and filling up with silt  covered up with weed  not the yummy healthy kind that brings minerals and iron to water  but the clingy suffocating trash catching kind that suffocate and bury my soul beneath the subtle pull of what I think of as the current of the dead

how is one radical?  radical is one small thing over and over shifting the stream to a slightly different course    I don't know how many times at work I tell myself over and over  each person is a real person each engagement is to because of me and who I am  to be clear and honest and one to one  over and over and over and over and over and over and over again never ever the same   never ever the same  why is that
why do that in a stop and rob connivence store as a cashier making minimum wage for hours on end?  

why is grace reserved for pain   why is prayer reserved for church or for need  why is kindness not the mortar between our bricks  why what I think i am talking about is authenticity    yet some would say that authenticity is being who one is even if who that is is inanimately disconnected from the soul   and i suppose that is so  

but we are women and men of action  we are living beings  we are fueled by the eternal fire of life and so because we have choice we choose   we choose living death or living life   with every breath which never until this moment has been drawn or expelled   is the breath I breath out going to make you sick relative when you inhale it after I have taken it in and then let it out with ? a curse, gossip, derision, negativity, fear of lack, ridicule, …….  what is it how is my breath shaping the world?  how is my breath doing inside of you relatives?  and how is yours doing inside of me or your neighbor?  is it life giving? or is it poison?  it is of course up to you to me to us   and thus like the trees around us and other living things the breath is filtered  it is cleansed  and yet only the human was given the ability to transform it to taint it to change it and its molecules   so relatives how is it that we take care of this great gift  this great love that is entrusted to us?  hmmmmmm?  how is it that we do this  well I can tell you its not magic and its not spiritual or religious  it is however decidedly kung fu ish  and it is totally Kung Fu Pandamonious

and when we work towards our selves as ourselves  if we are working and gardening and cutting and pasting and sewing and stitching and laughing and burping and garfing   we are remaking our world in the image of ourselvesand there will come a time that we will fall into an "illness" a funk a fever an ache a sickness why is that  it is not reasonable to think that we are not exposed to things that can make us sick  it is not reasonable to think that we in the reanimation of our selves will need to slough that which was dead with in us  and this the body does with inflammation pus fever and many many signs of the work it takes an organism to clean house  

in the night I was at a market visiting with people who came there  and It was interesting trying to decide where to park the mini  there was a woman who followed me from table to table  she wanted me to bring her garlic to polish her silver ring  I wasn't wanting to give her my garlic as it was difficult to come by  so I asked the chef at the place we were sitting and others eating if he had any  and he said only the kind that santa brings  it was in a round plastic container dried and mixed with seaweed   and I wondered win was it that santa started giving that in the place of the real living thing and then I wondered it santa had changed suppliers to keep up with demand which made me wonder about the purpose of demand and how it creates fear of lack which I was sick with and then i thought poor santa  what have we done to him and to all the children?  what have we done?   and while I was worried not about my garlic but about why I was more concerned with lack than giving or abundance I realized she only needed one little clove of which i had many   and as I reached to peel it and give it she was on to other things and I was left to hold the garlic and smell it on my hands  at which point I looked up and asked the owner did I order any food? and she said yes  you ordered bran and a peach   after which giving to me my food a young man came and put his arm around me and he said I chose to stay here     I chose to stay because of you and I chose to shed pain and live in peace and in a clear heart   I knew then when he touched me that he was an innocent and that he had or was contemplating ending his life and that somehow what is saw or felt between the little space of our lives together it made him change his mind  it made him believe  oogway says we only have to believe   santa is real if we believe and there is plenty of garlic if we believe if I believe it can change one life and is not one life worth everything?   he hugged me with his long white arm and as he did he filled me with light that even now as I write you I can feel inside of me  then he said i love you  and strangest of all things I believed him

then I woke up   no longer sick  no longer achey and no longer covered in sweat

so what would master oogway say   I see you have found the sacred peach tree of heavenly wisdom  so why are you upset?  Noodles not Noodles? you are too concerned with what was and what will be   yesterday is history tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift  

that is why they call it the present


santa clause gave us all garlic today relatives   enjoy the peach and I do recommend bran for the constipation of stuck thinking LOL

life is a mirror   look clearly  without smoke  gently but honestly  and try to trust the big picture as you pick your nose hairs

love love love
mary

No comments: